Laura West managed to lose 13.1kg and over 54cm in just five months and fell from a size 20/18 to a comfortable 14/16 after signing up for the 28 day weight loss challenge.
The WA-based mother of four says it was a defining moment that made her determined to lose weight after she started feeling different from herself.
“I was feeling awful, sleeping poorly, and aches all over the body,” recognize. “I used to hate the person I saw in the mirror and in the pictures, knowing that I was hiding behind a fake smile every day.
“I knew that if I didn’t make a change now, I probably wouldn’t and would continue to hate myself.”
My mom went from a size 20 to 14 in just 5 months
What’s more, Laura says she has noticed many health benefits after losing weight.
“I feel fitter, stronger, sleep much better, love to eat healthy and share these healthy meals with our family,” Says.
“Now I like to exercise daily. In general, I feel less tired from my daily lifestyle and I love my life again.”
Best of all, Laura loves the fact that she’s feeling herself again — and has a waistline again.
“I’d love to see how my body changes, and to see my waist again,” Says. “The changes have been very noticeable in my face as well.
“Now I enjoy playing dress-up with my clothes because they are all fitting again which is amazing and very motivating to continue on this amazing journey.
“My body feels strong and I feel more toned. Mentally, I feel a thousand times better, I can handle my daily life better, if I get stressed I go for a walk or do a workout from The Healthy Mummy, which clears my mind and puts me in a great place.” To carry it in my day. I feel happy, positive and excited about what my future holds.”
What a typical day looks like on Laura’s plate طبق
breakfast – Peanut Butter Jelly Smoothie
morning snack – Rice cakes with avocado, cheese and pepper
lunch – An easy slice of zucchini or a poached egg with chili
afternoon snack – Holiday Smoothie or Berry Burst Smoothie
dinner – 1 Bolognese bowl Or Mexican lasagna
candy – Salted Chocolate Stack
My favorite meals are:
- 1 Bolognese bowl
Poached eggs with chili
Easy fried rice
Exploding belly burger
Scrambled eggs with asparagus
My favorite snacks are:
- Salted Chocolate Stacks
Rice cakes with avocado, cheese and pepper.
3 Laura’s tips for success
1. Advance Planning and Meal Prep To help you stick to your daily/weekly meal plan, keep drinking and moving your body.
2. Be kind to yourself as you are about to start your journey, Set small goals like when I started I aimed to lose 5kg, lose 10kg, and my next goals are to reach certain weights. Focus on getting through each day/week with ease so that you feel normal and not overwhelming.
3. Access to a healthy mummy community On Facebook pages where everyone is going through the same thing, everyone is on their own journey and everyone is there to support and motivate each other.
And she adds, “While other people may be an inspiration to you right now, you and your journey will become someone else’s inspiration. Be proud of your accomplishments because you made the changes for you!”
Enjoy supporting other moms just like you!
If you’re looking for support from other new moms, who may have the same concerns – be sure to check out our New Facebook Support Group.
The Healthy Mummy has several special, judgment-free collections that you can access (for free) and share tips, tricks, and experiences with other new moms.
You can learn more about other private Facebook support groups and follow-up Facebook pages here.
Join Laura on a 28-day weight loss challenge
Do you want to change your baby’s weight but feel like you don’t have time in your day to exercise and eat healthy food? This is where the mummy is healthy 28 day weight loss challenge I can help.
Our challenge involves:
- 28 Days Home Workout Routine (No Gym Needed) – With Video Instructions
- Customizable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans
- Time-Saving Workouts for Busy Moms – Under 30 Minutes
- The challenge combines Pilates, interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels.
- Home to thousands of easy-to-prepare recipes.
To learn more about the 28-day weight loss challenge, click here.