After the birth of her second child, this gorgeous mum of Victoria is tired of feeling tired all the time. With the scales moving in the wrong direction and none of her clothes fitting her anymore, she knew she had to make a change.
Having lost her baby weight using Healthy Mummy after her first pregnancy, Keira knew what she needed to do. As a life member of 28 day weight loss challengeKira has committed to using Healthy Mummy to change the lifestyle you need. Fast forward 14 months, and I’ve lost 15 kilos and two dress sizes!
Watch her story below…
Kira weight loss story
Kira Policino is a 30-year-old Victorian and mother of two children, a three-and-a-half-year-old boy and an eighteen-month-old daughter.
A few months after giving birth to her daughter, Keira found herself back at full pregnancy weight.
Kira arrow, “The scales were going up and up. I felt tired all the time and was constantly snacking during the day and eating ice cream most nights which I knew wasn’t healthy.”
Keira was finding it increasingly difficult to find anything in her wardrobe that would suit her.
“The clothes that were loose on me became tight and I was embarrassed to go out. My husband took a picture of me with my son and I didn’t like what I saw. That day I decided something had to change. I had to change.”
Lucky for Kira, she was already a lifelong member of The Healthy Mummy, so she knew what she had to do. Taking full advantage of her maternity leave and not being able to leave the house due to Victoria’s lockdown, Keira took the time to throw herself into the healthy mummy lifestyle and prepare fresh meals and snacks.
“I’ve used mummy’s healthy meal plans and love the snacks and meals. I love how it’s family friendly so the whole family benefits from it and I won’t have to cook separate meals which wouldn’t be practical in the long run!”
Kira also increased her exercise and started walking most of the days that she and her children enjoyed.
Back to her pre-baby clothes
“That was 14 months ago and I lost 15kg in that time and lost two dress sizes. I am now getting dressed before baby!”
Kira loves the physical and mental health benefits you’ve been feeling since losing weight.
“My resting heart rate went down completely, my BMI went from overweight to a healthy weight and my fitness level went from ‘poor to medium’ to ‘good to very good’. Also my confidence!”
“I love healthy mummy juices”
“I eat breakfast most days and dinner on work nights. I started with the original smoothies and then the premium – premium is my favorite because it’s so smooth and creamy although I still like the original and use a blend of the two.”
Yum Kira on a plate
- breakfast – Healthy mummy smoothie
- Morning tea – coffee
- Lunch: avocado toast with tomatoes or a snack plate of smoked ham
- Afternoon snack – apple with peanut butter and peanut butter, banana rice cake or healthy mummy cake/muffin
- Dinner – a healthy meal from the mummy, some of my favorites are sausages, slow cooked asian chickenEasy chicken nachos, creamy mushrooms and crunchy ravioli, sweet potato massaman curry, lasagna on the stove and so much more!
- The evening snack is usually one of muffins or pudding.
Mummy’s favorite healthy snacks
“A few of my favorite snacks are carrot cake, apricot and white chocolate chip, Nutella Place BallsDouble chocolate honey, maple loaf, and self-seasoned chocolate pudding.
Favorite app exercises
“I love the Healthy mummy application exercises very. My favorite is 10 Pilates with Joe. Just a 10 minute workout but I can really feel it working toning and strengthening my whole body! I also like the total Body with weight exercises with Wendy and step exercises with Jade!
Three tips from Kira for success
- never give up! My weight loss has been slow and I have had many ups and downs but I have never given up! However, the results came
- Prepare meals and snacks in advance. If you’ve always had healthy meals and snacks available, you really have no excuses!
- Take it one day at a time. Start slow if you need to, just start by going for a walk and build your way up from there! I just started walking and now I enjoy doing higher intensity exercises!
Join Kira on the 28-Day Weight Loss Challenge!
If you want to lose weight and improve your energy – not to mention help improve your overall health and well-being – we have 28 day weight loss challenge It is a great program to check.
Our 28-day weight loss challenge includes:
- 28 Days Home Workout Routine (No Gym Needed) – With Video Instructions
- Customizable, breastfeeding-friendly meal plans (including 7 Day Cleanse)
- Time-Saving Workouts for Busy Moms – Under 30 Minutes
- The challenge combines Pilates, interval and circuit training (HIIT)
- Suitable for basic to advanced fitness levels
- Home to thousands of Easy to prepare recipes!
Learn more about 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge Click Here or Buy our juices.