Produced in partnership with Founders Brewing Company.
Here are two universal truths: Everyone loves a queso. And when you have the option, it is better to cook outside rather than inside. So it should come as no surprise that one of the hottest recipe trends on social media combines the two: hello, queso roast. We’re not sure if it’s the slight smoky flavor or just the act of creating this dish FreshUnexpectedly, but we’re addicted to things. And while there’s nothing wrong with serving up a queso based on a box of those orange cured things and a box of tomatoes and peppers – everyone will devour them, no questions asked – we think you can do a better job with fresh ingredients on the market that have more flavor and preservatives Less. Better yet: the elements are easy to customize.
Here’s how to do it:
- Heat a grill or smoker to a low temperature or around 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use indirect heat if possible.
- Take a cast-iron skillet with a little olive oil, fry chopped onions, slices and cubes of pepper to your liking: red bell, jalapeno, poblano or serrano. Add half a kilo of meat, if desired, such as Chorizo Or a day Breast meat. Roast and drain any excess fat.
- To the skillet add 2 pounds of cubes of fresco or Mexican Manchego cheese (both can be found at a Hispanic market) and stir the mixture occasionally, for up to 20 minutes, until all the cheese has melted and the flavors melt. If the pouch gets close to burning during cooking, reduce the heat. Queso will contain creamy portions, and it may look different from the things you are used to – but it will taste better. If you are looking for a smoother pie, add a mixture of 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and a quarter cup of milk (whisk together before adding).
- For the last few minutes of cooking, add half a cup of chopped cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips (fresh, if possible) and a few tins Founders of Más Agave Premium Hard Seltzer. All-natural fruit juice flavors are real flavors, as is the gentle aloe vera sweetener, making it superior to the artificial flavors on the market. And of course it is a great game for you Fresh Melted cheese.
To access exclusive videos of gear, celebrity interviews, and more, Subscribe to YouTube!